What is Osteoarthritis of the hip?
Arthritis means inflammation of a joint, so osteoarthritis of the hip means; inflammation of the hip joint.
What are the causes?
- Family history of the disease.
- You are also at risk if you are elderly, obese, or have an injury that puts stress on your hip cartilage.
- You can develop osteoarthritis if you do not have any risk factors.
Who can be affected?
- Older people
- Someone who has a chronic injury in the hip
What are the symptoms?
- Discomfort and stiffness
- The hip joint gets stiff and inflamed
- Decrease the range of motion of the hip
How is’t diagnostic?
- Physical examination.
How can be treated?
- Nonsurgical Treatment
- Rest your hip from overuse
- Physical therapy
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory
- Get enough sleep each night
- You may need to lose weight
If you have later stages of osteoarthritis a total hip replacement surgery (arthroplasty) is recommend.